The small village of Fardella, whose foundation dates back to 1690, is surrounded by a series of woods such as Serra Cerrone, Mesole and Piano di Molinaro. The inhabited centre features the Palazzo De Salvo and the eighteenth century Church of Sant’Antonio, with italian characteristic coloured bell tower. The name “Fardella” derives from the name of the wife of the feudal lord of the nearby village of Chiaromonte, Luigi Sanseverino, Princess Maria Fardella, mother of the poet Aurora Sanseverino. The stone mills in Pietrangelo and Fosso Cannalia are very characteristic. The surrounding woods and springs are also undoubtedly beautiful, as well as the clay and sand pyramids near the Sinni river.