Castelluccio Inferiore and Castelluccio Superiore, which once formed a single village, have been divided into two distinct municipalities since 1813. Castelluccio Superiore, perched on the steep slopes of the Cozzo Pastano, dominates the underlying Mercure Valley in the middle of the Pollino Park. In the centre of the village there is the Church of Santa Margherita: built in the late 16th century and enlarged during the 18th century, it houses some important works such as an Eternal Father painted on wood by Antonio Stabile, dating back to 1580. Just outside the village there is the Church of Santa Maria di Loreto, built at the end of the 16th century and characterised by the original decoration of the bell tower with shelves and intertwined tiles in the shape of a scale. At 1103 meters above sea level, on the end of the Cozzo Pastano, stands the ancient Sanctuary of the Madonna del Soccorso, dating back to the seventeenth century, which houses the statue of the Madonna from May to September.